[CES 2013] If you love the Optrix case for the iPhone 4, then you will be happy to hear that the company is releasing a new rugged case for the iPhone 5. Introducing the Optrix XD5, marketed as the world’s most rugged iPhone 5 case. The XD5, made from military grade products, is a wide-angle camera case that is capable of withstanding the challenging conditions of the outdoors. Optrix has made its latest case thinner, lighter, and stronger. In fact, it does have a higher waterproof rating.
Optrix has also outfitted a second door to access the charging connectors and headphone jack. It also features an interchangeable lens system. The XD5 is now available for pre-order. Pricing is set at $129.95 and shipments will commence next month, February 5 to be exact. “Optrix delivered the industry’s first action camera case for iPhone 4/4S and we are now unveiling the first for iPhone 5,” said John Willenborg, founder of Optrix. “Our new line of products reinforces our commitment to providing video capturing solutions that meet and exceed the needs of every extreme athlete.”
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-03-28 Gridcase Reactor Is An iPhone 5 Case Which Features A Hand Crank
- 2013-01-08 Seidio OBEX iPhone 5 Case Is Water-Proof And Impact-Proof
- 2011-09-27 iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-20 iPhone 5 case points toward thinner, larger handset?
- 2011-09-02 Alleged iPhone 5 cases show up again