[CES 2013] In the market for a new Blu-ray player or media streamer and own a number of Panasonic devices in your home theater setup? Then you’ll be happy to hear Panasonic is announcing a number of new Blu-ray players as well as media streamers at CES this week to be available next month.
First off, there are a total of four Blu-ray players that will be available at retail starting in February. Panasonic’s DMP-BD89 and DMP-BD79 are the company’s 2D Blu-ray players, while the DMP-BDT330 and DMP-BDT230 offer Full HD 3D compatibility. All four Blu-ray players feature Panasonic’s IPTV platform and VIERA Connect, but the 2D Blu-ray players feature IP VOD, which is a service that offers a limited selection of streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube.
Only two media streamers are being introduced this week: the DMP-MST60 and DMP-MS10. Both media streamers offer VIERA Connect and IP VOD, like the Blu-ray players, but the DMP-MST60 is 3D capable and includes a web browser while the DMP-MS10 doesn’t have those two fancy features. Both media streaming players have the ability to play media from an external HDD and offer Miracast, which allows you to transfer photos and videos located on their smartphone or tablet to their HDTV.
All of Panasonic’s Blu-ray players and media streamers will be available next month, but at this time, no price point has been announced for any of them.
Next Story: App Store Hits 40 Billion Downloads
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic Reveals New ToughPads With Choice Of Android, Windows 8 OSes
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic HX-WA03 Camcorder Toughs It Out
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic Ultra HD Windows 8 Tablet
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS30 Features 20x Optical Zoom, WiFi Connectivity This March
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic RP-BTGS10 Uses Your Skull To Listen To Music Via Bluetooth-enabled Devices