[CES 2013] Are you still bowled over by the many different technological wonders discovered at CES 2013? Well, today is only the first day of the show (the previous two days’ worth of coverage had to do with the press getting a sneak preview of stuff to come), and you know that you are in for a wild ride. Panasonic has just showed off an unprecedented device in the tablet market – a 20-inch tablet that runs on Windows 8, and best of all is, your eyes will definitely pop out at the mention of “4k resolution.”
So far, eyewitnesses have claimed that the kind of images that this Panasonic tablet (which boasts of an IPS Alpha LCD panel to get the job done) resembles photos even in real life, not to mention fantastic viewing angles, while being accompanied by a stylus and of course, since it is powered by Windows 8, there is no harm in throwing in touchscreen functionality to boot. No further details on this have been released, but we are drooling at the prospect of playing with 4k resolution on a tablet in the future should it be mass produced.
The entire bad boy tips the scales at 2.4 kg, which is roughly the weight of a normal notebook, and measures just 10.8mm thin for easy portability. Image courtesy of Engadget.
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic Reveals New ToughPads With Choice Of Android, Windows 8 OSes
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic HX-WA03 Camcorder Toughs It Out
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic Reveals New Blu-ray Players, Media Streamers At CES
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS30 Features 20x Optical Zoom, WiFi Connectivity This March
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic RP-BTGS10 Uses Your Skull To Listen To Music Via Bluetooth-enabled Devices