This is getting ridiculous, as phablets continue to upward trend in screen sizes. Well, the Pantech Vega IM-A860 that boasted of Full HD resolution which was bandied about in rumors recently does seem to be shaping up to be very real, meaning you might want to ditch that pinch of salt for now. Apparently, the very same handset which was circulating around in rumors does seem to be headed to South Korea from next month onwards as the Pantech Vega No.6. Talk about an extremely simple naming scheme! Makes us wonder what happened to Vega No. 1 to No. 5 in the realm of mainstream consciousness.
Basically, the Pantech Vega IM-A860 looks set to carry a 5.9″ display at 1920 x 1080 resolution, making it the largest Full HD smartphone/phablet at this point in time, but we are quite sure that it will be superseded in no time. Underneath the hood lies a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with an Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB RAM, a 13-megapixel camera and LTE connectivity, with the likelihood of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean running the show.
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor