[CES 2013] Since CES 2010, we’ve been keeping a close eye on Parrot’s AR. Drone as the company is always offering improvements to the smartphone-controlled quadricopter. This year seems to be another big year for the AR. Drone as Parrot is announcing a number of improvements to this year’s model that will get owners of last year’s model dying to get the latest and greatest AR. Drone.
This year’s AR. Drone will include a GPS Flight Recorder that includes 4GB flash memory that records its flying parameters that will enable the Drone’s flights to be visualized in 3D on the AR. Drone’s Academy map. A Director Mode will also be available that will allow AR. Drone owners to shoot the perfect videos by programing pre-registered and automatic movements.
A new high-density battery offering 50 percent additional flying time will also be available this year that takes the AR. Drone’s flight time to a total of 18 minutes.
The last update are two games: AR.Race2.0 and AR.Rescue2.0. AR.Race2.0 is a customizable solo or multiplayer race game while AR.Rescue2.0 will be an adventure game that uses augmented reality. Both games will be able to connect to AR.Drone Academy for pilots to compare their scores with other members.
Next Story: Supertooth Disco Twin Bluetooth Speakers
- 2014-01-13: FAA Wants To Create Safety Guidelines For Drones
- 2014-01-05: Parrot Unveils MiniDrone And Jumping Sumo Robots
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-12-04: SkyJack Drone Hacks And Gains Control Of Other Drones
- 2013-11-20: Parrot Announces Zik And AR.Drone 2.0 App Compatibility For Windows
- 2013-11-04: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Announced
- 2013-01-07: Parrot Flower Power Smart Wireless Plant Sensor - Demo
- 2013-01-06: Parrot's Flower Power Tells Us Exactly What Our Household Plants Need To Be Happy
- 2012-01-08: Parrot AR Drone 2.0