Is it me, or are manufacturers of portable consumer electronics devices trying to be cheeky here. Sure, we have the standard display sizes on smartphones such as 3.5”, 4”, 4.3”, 4.5” and 4.7”, moving on to 5” these days, but things start to get ridiculous when phablets come into play. Case in point, the Huawei Ascend Mate with the 6.1” just when you thought that the Galaxy Note 2’s 5.5” display was huge, and here we are with a photo from a Chinese tech sites that depicts an alleged 6.44-inch 1080 display which is touted to see action on a Sony device down the road.
This glass panel for the mysterious Sony device looks set to cover the entire front segment of the phablet, sporting a narrow bezel design without any physical capacitive navigation buttons. Do you think that this will be part of the Xperia line up sometime down the road? If so, then it would make the phablet the largest in its class, and I guess you would need some Ronald McDonald pants to fit it comfortably within when not in use.
Next Story: Japan To Get Red And Blue PlayStation 3 Consoles
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online