With Microsoft’s next Xbox being teased to be revealed at E3 2013, Sony may have an uphill battle once again with its PlayStation 4 whenever it’s released. Even though Sony said the PS4 may be years away from being released, it won’t stop them from possibly talking about it a little earlier than expected.
In an interview with emol.com at CES last week, Sony’s Home Entertainment VP Hiroshi Sakamoto may have let slip of Sony’s plans for unveiling the PlayStation 4 some time this year. When asked about Sony’s next console, his translated response was:
“That’s still a big secret. But our friends are preparing PlayStation. I can only say that we are focused on the E3 gaming event, scheduled for June. Announcement may be in that minute or even earlier in May.”
Before this slip, we originally thought Sony wasn’t even ready to talk about the PlayStation 4 seeing how far its release was planned. Now that we know this will be the year we hear about Sony’s next console, we can’t help but really want to play close attention to E3 or any other Sony event going on in the months to come.
Next Story: Huawei Ascend W2 Headed For MWC 2013 Debut?
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10: PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release