A couple of days ago we reported on the possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Premier could be getting a quad-core update, at least as far as the South Korean market is concerned, and sure enough they did! Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy Pop which is essentially the Galaxy Premier, with the main difference being that the Galaxy Pop will sport a 1.4GHz quad-core processor under the hood versus the Galaxy Premier which came with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor. However apart from the upgrade in processor, everything else remains pretty much the same which means that customers can look forward to a 4.65” HD Super AMOLED display, 3G/LTE connectivity, 8/16GB storage options, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on board with Samsung’s latest TouchWiz UI on top. It is expected to be priced at ₩700,000 which is about $644 after conversion. It is unclear as to whether the Galaxy Pop will be announced for US markets, but hopefully Samsung will have more to share at MWC 2013.
Next Story: Apple Trademarks Store Layout And Design
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend