We know that Samsung has a thing for smartphones with ginormous displays – think the original Galaxy Note which has since grown in size with the Galaxy Note 2. However according to the folks at SamMobile, they are claiming that thanks to their sources, Samsung might have plans to announce an Android smartphone with a whopping 5.8” display! To be fair such a device by Samsung already exists although it is only available in Korea and is known as the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.8 (pictured above). Based on that name, we guess you probably already figured out that it is a media player rather than a smartphone, but things might change soon with this alleged 5.8” device which has the model number GT-I9512.
Not much is known about the device in terms of hardware, but SamMobile claims that it will feature dual-SIM capabilities and will be available in pure white and should run Android 4.1.2/4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. We’ll be taking this with a grain of salt for now, but with MWC 2013 taking place at the end of February, we expect Samsung will be there to announce their new products and maybe this alleged 5.8” Android smartphone will be part of their announcement.
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-02-25 Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2013-02-25 VISA, Samsung Announce Partnership Bringing payWave To Galaxy Devices
- 2013-02-24 Samsung Homesync Is A Powerful Media Server Running Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-02-23 Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet Becomes Official
- 2013-02-20 Samsung Galaxy Star Rumored To Be A Low-End Android Device