[CES 2013] Whenever you think of security footage, the first thing that comes it mind is probably grainy, black and white, low resolution video. However, it looks like Samsung wants to change things. At CES 2013, the company announced two new HDTV CCTV systems – the 8-channel SDH-P4040 and 16-channel SDH-P5080. Both systems offer four outdoor-ready, 720p HD night vision bullet cameras (with night vision up to 85 feet) that output full, uncompressed video without latency. The 16-channel system incorporates an additional four outdoor-ready night vision bullet cameras (600 TVL resolution/night vision up to 75 feet).The HDTV cameras are said to excel in any lighting environment thanks to Samsung Super Dynamic Range and Samsung Super Noise Reduction technologies. The cameras can automatically increase the brightness of dark areas of an image without affecting the rest of the image as well as dramatically reduce image noise to provide impressive color in low-light conditions. These systems make them ideal for clearly viewing license plate numbers or closely monitoring retail transactions – two of the most common usages for surveillance cameras.
In addition to recording HD footage, the cameras will be remotely accessible via a desktop computer or Android/iOS app, making them ideal for keeping an eye on a location while you’re out of town. The SDH-P4040 and SDH-P5080 will be available in Spring 2013 and will retal for $1,399 and $1,799 respectively.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-01-10: Flexible Windows Phone Prototype Spotted
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Youm Flexible OLED Display
- 2013-01-07: Samsung ATIV Odyssey Releasing On Verizon Wireless In Coming Weeks
- 2013-01-08: Private WiFi VPN App Now Available For Mobile Devices