Samsung has been pretty quiet on the Series 3 Chromebox front despite rolling out a slightly updated version of it, throwing in a speedier processor along the way in the form of the 1.9GHz Intel Core i5. Other than that, the Samsung Series 3 Chromebox will also be equipped with 16GB of internal memory, have 4GB RAM, and more or less looks the same as its predecessor. Definitely the Intel Core i5 processor is going to be a far more formidable chip compared to the celery, er, Celeron processor in its predecessor.
Having said that, you can be sure that Samsung will be phasing out the older generation of the Series 3 Chromebox as most retail outlets no longer carry the older model. The price for the revamped Samsung Series 3 Chromebox hovers at approximately $400 thereabouts, so do your homework properly and you might end up with something cheaper as well. Folks do seem to want a cheap computer these days, and the Samsung Series 3 Chromebox sure as heck does fulfill such a niche market.
Next Story: Guild Wars 2 Clocks Up 3 Million Plus In Sales
- 2014-04-09: iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-08: Man Puts A Hammer To The Galaxy S5, Gets A Nasty Surprise