There has been of South Korean conglomerate Samsung working on a Tizen-powered smartphone for a long time already, but Samsung has remained largely mum on any concrete plans throughout the year 2012. Things do look set to change this year, however, as Samsung has already confirmed with Bloomberg BusinessWeek that there will be different Tizen-powered devices that are in the works for a 2013 rollout, and the kind of specifications which we will receive in the end will depend largely on what the market wants. To put it in plain English, the early sales figures would be crucial in shaping up the rest of Samsung’s direction concerning Tizen powered smartphones.
These new Tizen devices are said to be competitive in nature, although we are quite sure that the rest of the world is waiting with bated breath on nitty gritty such as model specifications, prices and timeframe. This might be seen as a move by some for Samsung to reduce their reliance on the Android platform, and put some of their eggs in a basket that saw Intel, Samsung, NTT DoCoMo and Vodafone come together last year to form the Tizen Association.RELATED
- Vivo Sends Out Invites For Xplay 3S Event In China
- Oppo Teases Find 7 As "Coming Soon"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Reportedly Enters Production
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Follow: intel, Samsung, tizen,
- Seen at: businessweek