[CES 2013] While 3D movies don’t particularly appeal to me, we’re pretty sure that there are a couple of you guys out there who love the immersive experience that 3D movies bring to the table, and if you’re looking for a Blu-ray disc player, Sony has announced the BDP-S5100 which they will be taking on the road for CES 2013, and apart from its cabinet design which should blend in nicely with the rest of your entertainment system, one of the features that Sony is touting is the BDP’s ability to convert 2D DVD or Blu-ray movies into 3D which can then be played back on your 3D TV, assuming you own one of course.
Other features of the BDP-S5100 include built-in WiF, the ability to mirror content from other devices, along with access to streaming content from service providers such as Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, Amazon Instant Video and more. The BDP-S5100 will also sport an encased optical drive which according to Sony will offer up smoother playback while protecting it from dust and debris.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-01-09 Sony CEO Says PS Vita Sales On 'Low End' Of Company's Expectations
- 2013-01-08 Sony Xperia Z Hands-on Review
- 2013-01-08 Sony VAIO T Series Updated With Touchscreen Option
- 2013-01-07 Sony Unveils 56-inch 4K OLED TV Prototype Capable Of 3,840 x 2,160 Resolution
- 2013-01-07 Sony Introduces Xperia Z With 1080p Reality Display, 13-megapixel Camera