Sony has just announced that they will be rolling out their next generation WUXGA installation projector that will sport Laser Light Source Technology, delivering what Sony claims to be a “world’s first” 3LCD laser, 4,000 lumens WUXGA (1920 x 1200) projector. It is no surprise then, to have another superlative attached to it , making it the brightest projector of its kind and a first for the industry.
What makes the Laser Light Source Projector so different from a traditional projector? For starters, you need not fret over the issues of lamp change thanks to its increased durability as well as low total cost of ownership. Sporting the newly developed BrightEra 3LCD technology, the projector is said to offer up to 20,000 hours maintenance free time, depending on the projector’s environment and setup conditions. It will also rely on lasers instead of LEDs to deliver optimum brightness. Thanks to white light, similar to traditional UHP light sources, being directed into the 3LCD engine, your eyes will be greeted by incredible picture quality that translates to substantially brighter images, better contrast ratios and outstanding color stability.
You will have to wait until this summer to take advantage of the Laser Light Source Projector though, so at least you have a few months to start saving up. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-04-22: Sony Projectors Does Wireless Image Transfer
- 2012-03-08: Acer announces K520 laser-based light projector
- 2011-09-08: Sony VPL-VW1000ES 4K home theater projector
- 2010-09-23: Sony VPL-VW90ES makes debut at CEDIA