The Sony NEX-7 is a pretty amazing camera for its size, not to mention the quality of photos that it manages to capture, but if you thought that there is still some room for improvement, the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors have received a tip from an anonymous source claiming that the successor to the NEX-7 is called the NEX-7m. The exact specs of the alleged NEX-7m remain unknown, but assuming the source is to be believed, some of the improvements include increased max shutter speed, enhanced NR and ISO range just to name a few. Hopefully there will be more details available, but until then we suggest you take this rumor with a grain of salt for now, but be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details.
While Sony might have been late to the game with DSLRs, they certainly made up for lost time by introducing their range of mirrorless cameras before camera behemoths such as Canon and Nikon. The NEX-7 currently sits at the top of Sony’s mirrorless camera range with a price tag to match. There are probably DSLR cameras that one could get for the price of a NEX-7, but if you’re in the market for something compact that could potentially fit into your pocket, then the NEX-7 would definitely be a camera to consider.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide
- 2013-11-18: Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- 2013-08-07: Sony NEX-7 Out Of Stock In Some Stores, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-11: Sony NEX-7's Successor's Body Design Gets A Description [Rumor]
- 2013-06-19: Sony NEX-7 Successor October Shipping Date Rumored