The Sony NEX-7 is a pretty amazing camera for its size, not to mention the quality of photos that it manages to capture, but if you thought that there is still some room for improvement, the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors have received a tip from an anonymous source claiming that the successor to the NEX-7 is called the NEX-7m. The exact specs of the alleged NEX-7m remain unknown, but assuming the source is to be believed, some of the improvements include increased max shutter speed, enhanced NR and ISO range just to name a few. Hopefully there will be more details available, but until then we suggest you take this rumor with a grain of salt for now, but be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details.
While Sony might have been late to the game with DSLRs, they certainly made up for lost time by introducing their range of mirrorless cameras before camera behemoths such as Canon and Nikon. The NEX-7 currently sits at the top of Sony’s mirrorless camera range with a price tag to match. There are probably DSLR cameras that one could get for the price of a NEX-7, but if you’re in the market for something compact that could potentially fit into your pocket, then the NEX-7 would definitely be a camera to consider.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide
- 2013-11-18: Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- 2013-08-07: Sony NEX-7 Out Of Stock In Some Stores, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-11: Sony NEX-7's Successor's Body Design Gets A Description [Rumor]
- 2013-06-19: Sony NEX-7 Successor October Shipping Date Rumored