Sony has been pushing its PlayStation Plus premium service ever since it was announced at E3 2010. The service first offered early access to betas, the ability to send voice messages to friends playing other games and a subscription to Qore, but has since then blossomed into a service that easily rivals competing services.
Now, PlayStation Plus offers free titles on a somewhat regular basis, automatic updates and cloud storage and still continues to cost only $50 for an entire year of service. Today, Sony is attempting to further entice potential PlayStation Plus subscribers by offering three additional months of service if you purchase a one year subscription by March 3.
The offer is open to both new and current subscribers, and even those who purchase the Classic White PlayStation 3 will also be able to receive an additional three months of PlayStation Plus service, as long as they redeem their voucher before the offer expires.
Considering how much I’ve been enjoying the service since I signed up for it a few months ago, three months of additional service is quite the deal, especially if you’re also a PlayStation Vita owner as Sony recently launched PS Plus on its Vita as well.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-08-30: PlayStation Plus Members Getting Rayman Origins, ICO HD, More In September
- 2013-07-01: Sony Launching Summer Blast Sale Tomorrow For PS3, PS Vita Games
- 2013-03-21: Final Fantasy X HD Will Come With Final Fantasy X-2 On PS3
- 2013-03-01: PS4: PlayStation Plus Will Play A 'Prominent Role' For Console's Landscape