[CES 2013] 4K seems to be taking over CES this year as a number of TV manufacturers are introducing their next HDTVs, and it seems Sony is another TV manufacturer that is not only showing their first 4K TV, but it’ll be the first 56-inch 4K OLED TV.
Sony’s 56-inch 4K OLED TV is able to display at a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 and is filled with Sony’s oxide semiconductor TFTs and Super Top Emission technologies, which as long as that means we’re able to view 4K on an OLED TV, then that’s good enough for us.
The 56-inch 4K OLED TV prototype didn’t come with any mention of any other specs we expect to hear from an official announcement of a new TV set, which makes sense since this is, in fact, a prototype. We’re sure Sony will be using today’s reveal as a stepping stone to reveal an actual commercial product one day, and when that happens, be sure that we’ll be right there to get all of the juicy details we know you’re dying to hear right now.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2013-01-09: Sony CEO Says PS Vita Sales On 'Low End' Of Company's Expectations
- 2013-01-08: Sony Xperia Z Hands-on Review
- 2013-01-08: Sony VAIO T Series Updated With Touchscreen Option
- 2013-01-07: Sony Introduces Xperia Z With 1080p Reality Display, 13-megapixel Camera
- 2013-01-07: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H200 Camera Unveiled