Sony Mobile has just announced that they have rolled out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean alpha ROM for the Xperia T, and if you prefer to go by model numbers, then LT30p would fit the bill nicely. This is certainly in line with the corporate character of Sony Mobile, as their tradition had always been to introduce alpha and beta ROMs for upcoming firmware updates. Needless to say, you ought to take into consideration that pre-release firmware is only meant for folks who want to check out what is to come in the most recent update, and Sony Mobile has also confirmed that the alpha ROM will not carry the final planned Jelly Bean user interface, so things can still change down the road.
Some of the features which have been disabled include the ability to make a call, Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, NFC support and FM radio. Only those who have an unlocked Xperia T will be able to give the Jelly Bean alpha ROM a go, and you can install this update using Sony Mobile’s flash tool.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Sony, xperia t,
- Seen at: developer.sonymobile