A couple of days ago we reported that Sony might have a Xperia Tablet Z in the works, and while that may or may not be the case, it seems that more evidence of the Sony Xperia Tablet Z has surfaced via Japanese carrier, NTT DoCoMo. As you can see in the screenshot above, it looks like NTT DoCoMo has scheduled an event on the 22nd of January 2013 which according to the text, will introduce the latest in Sony’s Xperia series of devices with the Xperia Tablet Z being named as one of them. It’s a bit odd that Sony might launch the tablet at NTT DoCoMo’s event versus a larger scale event such as the upcoming MWC 2013, although with Sony being a Japanese company, we wouldn’t be surprised if they had some kind of deal with the Japanese carrier as well.
In any case rumor has it that the Xperia Tablet Z will feature a 10.1” Full HD 1080p touchscreen display with a 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset on board, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, a 6,000mAh battery with Android Jelly Bean running the show. It is also expected to be encased in a rugged body which would allow it to withstand a fair amount of abuse. In essence and assuming the rumors are true, the Xperia Tablet Z sounds like the Xperia Z but in tablet form. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, but check back with us on the 22nd of January to see if the rumors pan out!
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-09-12: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Kitchen Edition Unveiled
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-07-12: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Receives Full Seg Support In Japan
- 2013-05-22: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Review