We came across rather impressed with the Sony Xperia Z at the recently concluded CES 2013, and we think that the rest of the world, too, saw the Sony Xperia Z as a potential “next big thing” where Android-powered smartphones are concerned. If there is one flaw in the handset, it would be the fact that it rolls out with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box, instead of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean which would be the latest version. Well, fret not – Sony is here to save the day, and they mentioned that they will make Android 4.2 Jelly Bean available for the Sony Xperia Z right after its launch.
A Sony representative has confirmed this bit of news over a recent Q&A session, and we quote, “Xperia Z launches on JB 4.1, but will receive 4.2 shortly after launch. As always, we’ll share more info on this over the coming weeks on the blog.” The thing is, we still do not know just when the Sony Xperia Z will roll out, although select major UK retailers claim that March would be when it will roll out.
- 2014-03-26 Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-03-03 T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-11-19 T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-19 Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-11-05 Xperia Z Android 4.4 Custom ROM Released
- 2013-09-08 Nokia Lumia 1520 Caught On Camera Alongside The Xperia Z
- 2013-08-13 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project