Splashtop has been pretty quiet these last couple of months as the last time we heard from them was in regards to their Splashtop XDisplay, which turns your iPad into an additional screen for your computer. The cone of silence has been removed from the head of Splashtop as they’re announcing today a pretty neat update to its app.
Yes – we know Splashtop allows you to remotely connect to your desktop so you could perform any task you normally would do on your computer from the comfort of your mobile device. Today, they’re announcing an update that will allow you to configure shortcuts and use gamepads within the app to be used on your computer.
Splashtop users will be able to create on-screen virtual shortcuts to initiate their most frequently used functions, create a customized virtual joystick with buttons to play games easier within the app and can create virtual mouse controls. Built-in productivity profiles for Microsoft Office, Media Player, QuickTime Player, browsers, Mac OS X and Windows will be available, while built-in game profiles for Diabloe III and Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 will be available as well with support for additional titles coming soon.
The Configurable & Gamepad add-on is available for iPad and Android devices for $.99 a month or $9.99 for a one year subscription. The add-ons can be accessed from within the Splashtop 2 application.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Kitestring App Aims To Help You Get Home Safe
- 2013-01-31: Splashtop Remote Desktop App Adds Configurable Shortcuts, Virtual Gamepad
- 2012-08-02: Splashtop Remote Desktop for Windows 8 arrives at the Windows Store
- 2012-04-12: Splashtop for iPad now supports Windows 8
- 2011-12-19: Splashtop Remote Desktop HD optimized for Tegra 3
- 2011-11-29: Splashtop Remote Desktop now available for Kindle Fire
- 2011-10-10: Splashtop Remote Desktop HD: best selling TouchPad app
- 2011-07-27: Splashtop XDisplay turns your iPad into an extra screen for your PC