When you make a trip to Starbucks, a coffee beverage is probably one of the first things one your mind. Depending on the circumstances, you might decide to treat yourself with a pastry. But if you were looking for a credit card reader that allows you to accept payment on the fly, you were out of luck for years. Today, those of you who were looking to purchase a cup of coffee, a piece of crumb cake and a Square card reader can now finally leave your Starbucks feeling completely satisfied.
Square is announcing today it will be making its mobile card readers available across Starbucks’ 7,000 stores for $9.99. Customers who purchase a Square mobile card reader while also picking up a tall caramel frap will be given the opportunity to redeem a $10 credit back into their bank account.
Not only will Square card readers be available at Starbucks, but the company is also announcing its card readers will be available in other retail stores like AT&T, Walgreens, Staples, Apple, FedEx Office, Wal-mart, Target, RadioShack and Best Buy. In other words, it looks as though no matter where you go, Square’s mobile card readers won’t be too far away for you to pick up if you suddenly decide to start a small business on the fly.
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-03-12: Starbucks Works On Coffee Pre-Orders Via App
- 2014-03-11: Starbucks Allows You To Tip Baristas Now
- 2014-01-16: Starbucks iOS App To Get New Security Features
- 2014-01-15: Starbucks Mobile Payment App Stores Credentials As Plain Text Files
- 2013-10-28: Starbucks Allows Twitter Users To Buy Coffee For One Another
- 2012-08-07: Starbucks and Square team up for payment solution