You might suspect that a company with the name “Starfish Technologies” could actually be something that Spongebob Squarepants might have incorporated, but that is a different story for another day. Here we are with Starfish Technologies announcing that they will debut their smartwatch at the upcoming Macworld event, touting this timepiece to be the first truly interactive watch in the world that plays nice not only with iPhones but compatible Android devices to boot.
Sporting patent pending technology which allows this smartwatch to communicate with your iPhone, iPad or Android phone, it will offer interactive feedback features such as alerts and updates for incoming calls, texts, emails, reminders, weather, breaking news and if you so desire, stock market updates. It will be able to run GPS or any other app that you wish, and sports a compass and G-sensor features which makes it ideal for folks who are often active. A color display that is a snap to read regardless of whether it is day or night, coupled with a battery that lasts for more than 24 hours with active use, does seem to be a relative bargain at $169 a pop. [Press Release]
Next Story: Volvo Relies On Crowdsourcing For New App
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-13 Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09 iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09 iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180