Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. series has been absolutely huge ever since it debuted back in 1999 on the N64. Since then, it’s seen sequels on both the GameCube and Wii, and soon, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS will have their own improved versions of Super Smash Bros.
Up until today, we’ve only heard reports saying the game is being developed with many Super Smash Bros. fans hoping to hear some kind of update on the game’s progress on a daily basis. It looks as though our wait to hear more about the game will soon be over as both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros. will be at E3 this year.
Today’s news comes straight from Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai as he announced the upcoming debut of both versions of Smash Bros. through his Twitter account. A translation of what he wrote says, “Wii U and 3DS versions — I would like to show you both.”
Hopefully Sakurai’s announcement isn’t premature as we’re still unsure how exactly Smash Bros. will be debuted at E3. Hopefully we’ll see some gameplay footage and maybe learn of some of the game’s new characters rather than just hearing that it’s still being worked on.RELATED
- World Of Warcraft Movie Cast List Revealed
- EA To Halt Future Battlefield 4 DLCs Until The Game Is Fixed
- Gran Turismo 6 Microtransactions Cost Detailed
- ID@Xbox Self-Publishing Program Kicks Off Early Next Year
- Peggle 2 Headed To Xbox One December 9
- Follow: 3ds, E3, E3 2013, nintendo, super smash bros, wii u,
- Seen at: ign