It looks like we’ll be seeing a new kid in town very soon. As first noted by the gaming website TouchArcade, Imangi Studios, the folks behind the insanely popular Temple Run game, is brewing a sequel entitled Temple Run 2. The game has just hit the App Store in New Zealand, with a possibility of launching in the U.S. soon. TouchArcade claims that the game will launch in the U.S. and to the rest of the world as early as tonight.
Temple Run 2 features beautiful new graphics, new environments, new obstacles, more powerups, special powers for each character, more achievements, and a bigger, badder monkey that will never hesitate to eat your character. As you can see in the video above, the environment looks pretty awesome. The setting starts in what appears to be a floating temple. Perilous cliffs and zip lines are also now included. And the best part is that it is free.
Next Story: Motorola Electrify M Review
- 2014-04-14: Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-03-20: Temple Run Developer Shares Early Prototypes Of The Game
- 2013-07-11: Temple Run To Hit More Lumia Handsets Soon
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-03-27: Temple Run Makes Its Long-Awaited Debut On Windows Phone