Temple Run 2 released last week to shoot up to the top of the App Store in under just under 12 hours and today, Imangi Studios announced just how many downloads the sequel to its popular game has received.
Imangi Studios announced today Temple Run 2 received over six million downloads in just its first day of availability with it rocketing to the #1 spot in the App Store’s free games section in just eight hours after release. In its first weekend of being available on the App Store, it was downloaded over 20 million times and is currently the App Store’s #3 top grossing application.
“The response from fans has been overwhelming,” says Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi. “We are thrilled players want more of the Temple Run universe, and we hope to grow and expand the game over the coming months.”
In just under a week of being available, Temple Run 2 players have already played the game 210 million times, which equates to 1,775 years of gameplay.
When Google Maps for iOS was released a little over a month ago, we though its ten million downloads in under 48 hours was impressive, but Temple Run 2 may have completely shattered that previous milestone.
- 2013-12-10: Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- 2013-08-01: Temple Run 2 Adds Usain Bolt Character To The Game With His Own Special Ability
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-04-30: Instagram And Temple Run 2 Rumored To Be Announced Alongside Nokia Lumia 928
- 2013-03-12: Instagram, Real Racing 3 And Temple Run 2 Rumored For Release On Windows Phone In May
- 2013-01-24: Temple Run 2 Now Available On Android