Imangi Studios sure as heck has a hit on their hands with Temple Run 2, where it continues to outpace all the other competitors on the mobile gaming front when it comes to the number of downloads. It seems that Temple Run 2 has already been downloaded more than 50 million times across three platforms – iOS-, Android-powered and Kindle devices.
Going beyond 50 million downloads in a matter of 13 days meant it had pushed Rovio’s Angry Birds Space to second place, where the bird slinging title tool 35 days instead to achieve the 50 million milestone. Temple Run 2 was first released over on the App Store on January 17th, where it peaked at the #1 slot in Free Apps in no time at all as it picked up half a dozen million downloads in under 24 hours.
Following that, Google Play and Amazon Marketplace releases saw this gold-chasing sequel of a game continue its run of success (pardon the pun), hitting the #1 spot on both stores. Will Temple Run 2 surpass its predecessor’s total amount of downloads that stands at 170 million times (and counting) in due time? I am quite sure that it will, the question is, how long will it take? [Press Release]
- 2013-12-10 Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- 2013-08-01 Temple Run 2 Adds Usain Bolt Character To The Game With His Own Special Ability
- 2013-05-17 Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-04-30 Instagram And Temple Run 2 Rumored To Be Announced Alongside Nokia Lumia 928
- 2013-03-12 Instagram, Real Racing 3 And Temple Run 2 Rumored For Release On Windows Phone In May