Toshiba has taken the wraps off its latest portable hard drive that offers around 2 terabytes of storage space. The Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 portable hard drive is powered by USB 3.0 and it is capable of storing up to 571,000 digital photos, or 526,000 digital music files, or around 1,640 downloaded digital movies. Apart from its fast storing capabilities via USB 3.0, the Canvio Basics 3.0 also features an internal shock sensor and a special ramp loading technology that protects the drive and the data from damage.
It is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 and users can take refuge in the fact that it is covered with Toshiba’s 3-Year limited warranty. Toshiba touts the Canvio Basics 3.0 with 2T of storage with a transfer rate of 5 Gb/s and rotational speed of up to 5,400RPM. Average seek time is 12ms and cache buffer is set at 8MB. The Canvio Basics 3.0 is compatible with computers running Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and even the good old Windows XP. Pricing is set at$189.99.
Next Story: Lenovo Might Not Take Over RIM After All
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2014-02-12: Detachable vs. Clamshell Ultrabooks: What Side Are You On? [Promoted]
- 2013-04-30: Toshiba Canvio Connect Announced
- 2011-10-12: Toshiba MK01GRRB/R series small form factor hard drive
- 2011-03-22: Toshiba updates STOR.E external HDD models
- 2011-01-24: Toshiba MKxx39GSL 1.8-inch hard drives with LIF SATA connectors
- 2010-09-21: Toshiba Announces Its New Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives