Verizon may have lost some profit during Q4 2012, but one thing it gained last quarter was iPhone subscribers. A lot of iPhone subscribers.
During this morning’s conference call, Verizon announced it activated 6.2 million iPhones during the last quarter with nearly half of those iPhones activated with 4G LTE support. Seeing how the iPhone 5 is currently the only iPhone capable of 4G LTE connectivity, it’s safe to say Verizon activated a little over 3 million iPhone 5s.
In its third quarter, Verizon activated 3.1 million iPhones which was easily doubled this quarter thanks to the debut of the iPhone 5 on September 21st. In total, Verizon has activated 9.8 million smartphones in the last quarter, which after the 6.2 million activated iPhones, Android devices made up a majority of the remaining smartphones.
Verizon also announced the amount of smartphones currently on its network is up at 58 percent, which was previously at 53 percent in the third quarter and 44 percent from last year.RELATED
- AT&T And T-Mobile Reportedly Looking To Bid On Verizon's 700MHz Spectrum
- Xiaomi CEO Admits The iPhone Is Still The Best Smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Bluetooth 4.1 Features Revealed
- President Barack Obama Has No iPhone Due To “Security Reasons”
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPhone, iPhone 5, verizon wireless,