If you happen to still hold on to your HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon Wireless, we feel your pain. We know that this is the first LTE-enabled smartphone from Verizon wireless, where it was originally meant to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update at the end of August last year, making the jump from Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but unfortunately, Murphy happened to strike, and it started to feel as though the HTC Thunderbolt was going to remain in Gingerbread land forever.
Now that Verizon has already ensured that the support page for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Thunderbolt is live, you can bet your bottom hard-earned dollar that the smartphone will soon be on the receiving end of this long anticipated update. Some of the new features that will accompany the update include Face Unlock, Lock Screen Notifications and a Usage Center which will allow you to monitor your data usage and set alerts.
Apart from that, Verizon Remote Diagnostics will be part of the update bundle, where a technician will be able to take a peek within your Thunderbolt remotely. Sounds scary if abused, but hey, it beats making the trip to the service center, right?RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: htc thunderbolt, ice cream sandwich, Verizon,
- Seen at: phonearena