[CES 2013] VIZIO is coming to CES with a number of Windows 8 including thin laptops and one 11. 6” tablet. A hair thicker than the iPad (0.4” vs. 0.37” – 9.4 mm / 10.16 mm) for a significantly larger display (11.6” vs. 9.5”), the VIZIO tablet runs an AMD Z60 dual-core 1 GHz processor with 2GB RAM. That processor should deliver higher performance than the Microsoft Surface which runs on nVidia’s Tegra 3. The downside of the AMD solution would probably come from the shorter battery life.
The Full HD display (1920 x 1080) supports ten-fingers touch to comfortably operates the new Microsoft OS. There is only one front facing 2 MP camera however, the 64GB SSD offers good storage capacity. On the connectivity side, you will get the standard Micro HDMI out, micro USB 2.0, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. At 1.66 lbs, the device weighs a little more than the iPad (1.44 lbs) and the Surface RT (less than 1.5 lbs) with a larger body.
This seems to be an excellent Windows 8 tablet on the paper, but with no information regarding the pricing we cannot tell if this is a good product or not. In addition, we need to see it with our own eyes to check the build quality and actual battery life.
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: AMD, CES, CES 2013, core i7, intel, laptop, notebook, vizio, Windows 8,