[CES 2013] We have seen our share of new touch notebooks for Windows 8 and today, Vizio is coming to CES with its Thin+Light Touch lineup. The 14-inch model runs the AMD A10 4657M Quad Core 2.3GHz processor with 8GB RAM and features a HD+ (1600×800) touch display.
From the product photo we have, the aluminum unibody chassis looks thin and elegant, at 0.66-inch it is slimmer than the 13-inch Macbook air, however, it is one pound heavier than the Apple notebook (4.1 lbs vs. 2.96 lbs). I am eager to see it on the show floor at CES to be able to compare the built quality.
Vizio designed this state of the art machine for performance and entertainment, so we are pleased to see a 128 GB SSD and SRS Premium Sound HD in the specifications list. On the connectivity side, you will find a HDMI Out port, two USB 3.0 ports, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.
There is no word on pricing and availability yet. Other models will be available: the 14” Intel version featuring 3rd Gen Intel Core i7 (Quad Core) processor with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics and two 15.6” models one running the AMD A10 Quad-core processor and the other 3rd Gen Intel Core™ i7 (Quad Core). See the full lineup with the key features in the slide below.
- 2014-01-05: HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-03-29: VIZIO Prices New Line Of Laptops, Desktops
- 2013-03-08: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E-Series Launched at CeBIT 2013
- 2013-01-08: Dell updates Inspiron R laptops for 2013
- 2013-01-07: Toshiba Qosmio X875 Laptop Announced
- 2013-01-07: Toshiba Satellite U845T 14” Ultrabook Unveiled
- 2013-01-07: VIZIO 11.6-inch Windows 8 Tablet PC
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook