[CES 2013] Getting in onto the smart glasses game would be Vuzix, a company that has made a name for itself in the wearable display category in recent years. Well, this time around, Vuzix has rolled out the M100 Smart Glasses, where Vuzix touts it to be the first “hands-free” smartphone display in the world, delivering on-the-move data access from and to your smartphone as well as the Internet. This will be a step forward in the right direction from the usual slew of wearable TV devices that Vuzix churns out, as the M100 will help link consumers to smartphone data as well as the cloud. It can handle text, video, email, mapping, and audio among others.
The virtual display of the Vuzix M100 will be complemented by the Anroid operating system, where it will connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to your iOS- or Android-powered smartphones or other compatible devices. It is said to be powerful enough to run apps and games, but we would think that the Vuzix M100 is not going to replace your ntoebook anytime soon. Your address book experience would be a whole lot more visual now, that’s for sure.
Other hardware specifications of the Vuzix M100 include a built-in head tracker and GPS for spacial and positional awareness, while the integrated camera will let you capture video as well as still images, where all of that data will be stashed away on an integrated SD memory card which you can share later on. Not only that, it also supports downloadable applications, and the list is growing even as you read this. Gotta low the Snowflake White color it comes in, but would the plastic build hold up in a few years to come?
Check out the photo gallery of the Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses right after the jump and see whether it is something you might want to consider getting for yourself. We do wonder what Google has to say about this attempt by Vuzix.
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-12-10: Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- 2013-09-30: NTT docomo’s Vuzix M100 Hands-On
- 2013-09-26: Vuzix And NTT DoCoMo Will Feature M100 Smart Glasses At CEATEC 2013
- 2013-06-03: Metaio And Vuzix Showcases AR-Ready Smart Glasses
- 2013-05-16: How Ubergizmo Prepares For CES: A Chat With David Spark
- 2013-02-12: Vuzix WRAP 1200AR Eyewear Released
- 2013-01-15: Hands on: Huawei Ascend Mate Review
- 2013-01-15: Best of CES 2013 @ Ubergizmo