One of the biggest complaints Wii U owners had when they got their little bundles of video-game joy to their home was just how slow it was. Loading games and returning to the Wii U’s main menu would require having the patience of a saint, but Nintendo is planning on two separate updates for the Wii U this year that will hopefully help improve the system’s speed.
During today’s Nintendo Direct streaming video broadcast, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed two new system updates will be released that will address complaints Wii U owners have been voicing for the past two months. The first update will come this spring that will not only address the speed issues of loading games on the Wii U, but will also include a number of improvements as well as the return of the Virtual Console and Miiverse improvements.
The second update is expected to be released this summer and will address the lag Wii U players experience when returning to the Wii U’s main menu.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2013-11-14: Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07: Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30: Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25: Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1