[CES 2013] The Withings Smart Body Analyzer is not very different from what we have seen in the past, but what makes this edition at CES 2013 different would be the resting heart rate monitor and C02 analyzer that has been integrated into the device, which means that Withings is encouraging you to use this Smart Body Analyzer in other places apart from your bathroom. For example, how about placing this in your bedroom? This would help it get the relevant measurements to determine whether you are getting the right or optimal amount of oxygen required whenever you catch your beauty sleep.
This would no doubt place additional strain on the battery, but according to Withings, it is still able to last for an entire year’s worth of action while running on a quartet of AAA batteries. Hmmm, I guess there is no need to pick up a bunch of rechargeables in the long run then. Of course, there is this particular saying that goes, “in with the new, out with the old”, and with that, we bid adieu to Withing’s Connected Body Scale, so the current flagship is on its way out as the Withings Smart Body Analyzer arrives on store shelves sometime in the first quarter of the year for $149.99 a pop. Enjoy the photo gallery after the break.
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-05-16: How Ubergizmo Prepares For CES: A Chat With David Spark
- 2013-01-15: Hands on: Huawei Ascend Mate Review
- 2013-01-06: Withings Smart Activity Tracker
- 2013-01-06: Withings Smart Body Analyzer
- 2012-11-05: Next generation Withings scales hit the US
- 2012-01-08: Withings Smart Baby Scale
- 2011-06-20: Withings Blood Pressure Monitor turns your iPhone into a medical instrument