Imangi Studios released Temple Run 2 last week and almost immediately ran up the App Store’s free games category to the top spot. Endless runners have been extremely popular on mobile devices as they’re a great way to pass the time, regardless if you have two minutes or two hours to kill. So who better than Zynga to release their own endless runner game on mobile seeing as they were recently dethroned as the king of Facebook games.
Zynga’s endless runner game is the latest addition to their “with friends” games and is simply called Running with Friends. The game puts you right in the middle Pamplona, Spain for one of its oldest and most recognized traditions, the running of the bulls.
Aside from running away from bulls who are only looking to trample you to possible death, you’ll be challenging your friends’ scores, which isn’t any different from Temple Run 2′s challenges.
As of now, Running with Friends is only available in Canada’s App Store, which a step Zynga usually takes with its games before they become available in the U.S. If you’re a fan of Temple Run but would prefer to be chased by bulls instead of monkeys, keep an eye out for Running with Friends’ inevitable release.
Next Story: WeChat Service Arrives On BlackBerry Platform
- 2014-03-03: Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends
- 2014-01-06: Zynga To Start Testing Bitcoin As A Payment Option
- 2013-12-10: Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- 2013-09-27: Candy Crush Saga Developer Apparently Files For IPO
- 2013-08-01: Temple Run 2 Adds Usain Bolt Character To The Game With His Own Special Ability
- 2013-07-31: Zynga Sues Makers Of "Bang With Friends" App Over Alleged Trademark Infringement
- 2013-07-08: Don Mattrick Reportedly Tried To Acquire Zynga While At Microsoft
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-04-30: Instagram And Temple Run 2 Rumored To Be Announced Alongside Nokia Lumia 928
- 2013-03-12: Instagram, Real Racing 3 And Temple Run 2 Rumored For Release On Windows Phone In May