When it comes to video game consoles in your living room, there are three main alternatives for the better part of the last few years, and they are, in no particular order of importance, the Sony PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii U (and the Wii, of course). Having said that, how about a new player in the market that might just upset the balance of power among the three? We are referring to the Ouya which started off as a Kickstarter project, racking up the amount of funds required at an extremely fast rate. Well, this spring will herald the Ouya console that is said to arrive at a bevy of retailers including Amazon, GameStop, Target and Best Buy for $99.99, where pre-orders of the Ouya console will begin later this morning.
According to CEO Julie Uhrman in an interview with The Wall Street Journal, if you want to pick up additional controllers, you would have to fork out another $49.99 a pop. We do hope that the supposed “large suite” of gaming titles will live up to its name when June arrives on our doorsteps.
- 2014-03-06: $200 M.O.J.O. Gets OUYA Everywhere Support
- 2014-03-03: OUYA Looks Beyond The TV
- 2014-02-02: Ouya 16GB Launches At $129
- 2013-11-18: Ouya Debuts Refreshed Console With All White Limited Edition Model
- 2013-10-24: Ouya Rolling Out Nationwide Through Target With Demo Kiosks