Canon might have been one of the last few camera companies to hop aboard the mirrorless camera system (check out our review of the current EOS M), but it looks like they might have a new EOS M model in the works. The folks at Canon Rumors received a tip on what is said to be the next EOS M’s specs. However it should be noted that these specs seem very wish list-like, so they might merely be a compilation of the wish list of Canon fans, or they might turn out to be true. Either way they should be taken with a grain of salt, at least for now until Canon makes an official announcement.
So what can one expect from the next EOS M? For starters the rumors are saying that we can expect a 24MP APS-C sensor with a new generation AF system. It will be powered by Canon’s DIGIC V processor, a removable electronic viewfinder which is apparently very high res, an optional grip attachment, 5fps shooting capabilities, and will be slightly larger than the current EOS M. It is also expected to be priced at $999. Sounds like it might be too good to be true, but then again with Canon being late to the game, perhaps they’re hoping something so awesome might allow them to jump forward a few spots. Either way there’s no telling on when this alleged EOS M will be announced, but stay tuned for more updates.
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2013-12-09: Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- 2013-12-02: Alleged Canon EOS M2 Specs Leaked
- 2013-11-11: Canon EOS M Successor Now Rumored For 2014 Launch
- 2013-09-03: New Canon EOS M Announcement Coming Soon [Rumor]
- 2013-07-08: Next Canon EOS M Upgrade Rumored To Be Incremental Only