Amazon is announcing a new virtual currency for U.S. customers to purchase apps, games, and in-app items on Kindle Fire. Enter Amazon Coins, Amazon’s virtual currency that is expected to be launched sometime in May this year. For Amazon customers, obvious benefits of the virtual currency are speed and ease, particularly in terms of payments. For developers, it means more opportunities to drive traffic and downloads, which of course means better monetization. When Amazon Coins launches in the U.S. this May, Amazon will give customers tens of millions of dollars’ worth of free Amazon Coins to spend on developers’ apps on Kindle Fire in the Amazon Appstore. Amazon will also make it quick and easy for customers to buy additional Amazon Coins using their Amazon accounts.
Next Story: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha C Revealed
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off