The iPhone 5 brought a larger 4-inch screen to Apple’s successful smartphone, improving on the iPhone’s previous 3.5-inch screen. It looks as though we could be seeing another iPhone with a screen larger than the iPhone 5, according to an analyst.
Barclays Capital analyst Ben Reitzes says we should expect Apple to release an iPhone with a larger, 5-inch screen, which he is deeming the “iPhablet,” in 2013. The reasoning for his speculation is due to the fact phablet devices are expected to rise in popularity. Because of that, Reitzes feels being able to use the iPhone 5 with one hand is “less important since phone calls are becoming less important than navigation, texting, videos, books and Web access for many.”
Reitzes doesn’t expect for consumers to hear about the “iPhablet” any time soon as he believes the iPhone 5S will be released in the middled of 2013 along with a low-budget iPhone. Q4 2013 / Q1 2014 is when he expects Apple to introduce its 5-inch iPhone, that is, if it even exists.
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-01-09 iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06 Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-06-13 Apple Considering iPhones With 4.7-Inch, 5.7-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-04-30 Donald Trump Demands Apple Build An iPhone With A Larger Screen
- 2013-04-15 Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S