We’ve heard that Google was rolling out Android 4.2.2 to Galaxy Nexus owners, but it seems that the update is also making its way to Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 devices. At this point, we can confirm that the Nexus 7 got it since we just upgraded ours. Android 4.2.2 is supposedly a minor update that addresses some bugs and bring performance improvements.
Google has not provided public details about the update, and we’ve been getting mixed signals from the industry. For example, TheInquirer says that the Nexus 4 is getting the update, while Information Week said that “there is no word on if or when the update will reach the Nexus 4 smartphone”.
By the looks of it, this may be the last Android 4.2x update before the Google IO Conference in May 2013 (we will be there, so keep your eyes open for that one) where the company is expected to announce the next big thing for Android. Traditionally, Google has introduced new devices at Google IO along with a major Android update and roadmap. This year should not be any different.RELATED
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 410 64-Bit Chipset For $150 Devices
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- AT&T Teams Up With Rogers To Offer 4G LTE Roaming In Canada
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- Follow: Android, Google, Nexus 10, Nexus 4, Nexus 7,