Users who rely on Apple’s iCloud service were greeted with a rude awakening this morning as the service started experiencing an outage around 4 a.m. ET and is still experiencing issues as of this writing.
Earlier this morning, nearly all of iCloud’s services were completely down, but as of now, only three services are still experiencing outages: Photo Stream, Documents in the Cloud and “Backup.” The last service being extremely important as those of us who prefer to back up our iOS devices via iCloud are currently unable to do so.
At the height of its outage, 11 percent of all iCloud users were experiencing issues with the service, which equates to about 25 million people. At this point, Apple is reporting only 3 percent are experiencing issues, which is still a few million people who are unable to access their photo stream, documents or backup their iOS devices.
Apple is currently investigating the reason for the outage and will update its iCloud system status page as soon as they have more information to share.
Have you found yourself to be a victim of today’s iCloud outages? We’re sure you’d like to vent your frustrations, which is exactly why we have that comments section below our articles.RELATED
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- Apple Patent Describes A Smart Dock That Is Always Listening To You
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Follow: icloud, iOS, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, ipod touch,
- Seen at: 9to5mac