Apple has released iOS 6.1.2 update to take care of issues that came in the iOS 6.1. Apple has come out with the update fairly quickly, and the update will fix a major bug faced by Microsoft Exchange users over the past week. Microsoft Exchange users were facing battery drainage at a very fast pace, as the bug tried to excessively communicate with the Exchange Server. This caused increased network activity, thereby using up more user data.
It has not been officially announced if the update will also fix the screen lock vulnerability. The vulnerability allowed access to a user’s voicemail and contact information. Placing calls was also possible because of the vulnerability. The update should possibly fix this vulnerability as well as it was reported before the Exchange bug was reported.
The update has been released for all Apple devices running the iOS 6.1. Users can update their device OS by going into Settings -> General -> Software Update and then following the onscreen instructions. Or users can also plug in their devices into a computer and allow iTunes to update the OS.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: iOS 8 Could Feature Built-In Song Identification Thanks To Shazam [Rumor]
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Hyundai Jumps Aboard The CarPlay Bandwagon
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%