Towards the end of CES this year, Asus decided to announce the launch of its 7-inch Android tablet called the MeMo Pad. The MeMo Pad was priced aggressively at $149 in the U.S. and had some nice specs like running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, a 1GHz processor and a 7-inch display that has a resolution of 1024 x 600.
Since the debut of the 7-inch MeMo Pad, we’ve been hearing rumors of a 10-inch version being developed to possibly make its debut at MWC. It looks like Asus was developed a 10-inch MeMo Pad as the company is officially announcing the device today.
As of now, the 10-inch MeMo Pad is being sold in Thailand under the name Asus Memo Pad Smart ME301T for $365. The device features a 1.2GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor, a 10.1-inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800, 1GB of RAM, microHDMI-out, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, 16GB of storage and a microSD slot. The device will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
No word on when we could expect the 10-inch MeMo Pad to be announced to other markets outside of Thailand, but something tells us we’ll hear more about Asus’ tablet during MWC.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-21: ASUS Transformer Book Duet Might Be Killed Due To Pressure From Google [Rumor]
- 2013-07-01: Nexus 7 2 Specs Leaked By ASUS Rep? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-16: Nexus 7 2 Photo Spotted Online
- 2013-06-03: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Announced Featuring 2560 x 1600 Display
- 2013-05-28: Asus Transformer AiO Android 4.2.1 Update Rolling Out Now