Imagine the ultimate fun time for most guys: playing video games and drinking Beer… Imagine no more, as McKinney Ten Percent has just introduced Beercade, an arcade game where players tug it out for a free beer sample. The game itself is very simple with players choosing one of the five characters: Hell’s Belle, Bad Penny, Angry Angel, Blanco Diablo and High Roller. The setting seems to be a Biker Bar, and the game play seems to be very simple. The player who wins three rounds gets a free beer. The interesting part, the beer is dispensed into cups placed where coin slots would be.
Beercade has been created for Big Boss Brewing Company. The game has been created as part of a marketing campaign for the North Carolina Craft brewer. The idea is to place the game at marketing events and let the crowds sample free beer from the game instead of going to a bartender. The games can also be placed inside bars or within specific sections of arcades catering to an adult audience. The concept sounds great. Consumption of beer is roughly 20 US gallons (76 L) of beer per capita annually in the United States and arcade games have been there since 1970s. The concept might catch on and we might see more mainstream games coming out in this form. Would you enjoy winning your favorite game and getting beer for winning?
- 2013-04-10: Heineken Ignite Will Make Your Beer Interactive With LEDs
- 2013-04-01: Beer Pong Arcade Machine Tests Your Kid's Beer Pong Skills
- 2013-02-13: Beercade: Get Free Beer For Winning An Arcade Game
- 2012-04-05: Kirin's beer machine provides your beer with a frozen head for those hot summer days
- 2012-03-19: Hahn spill-proof beer
- 2011-07-13: The Octane 120 Beer Arcade combines drinking and gaming