Perhaps one of the drawbacks to Windows Phone devices is that they don’t feel as premium compared to iPhones or certain Android phones. We guess this helps to keep costs down, but at the same time they just don’t feel very luxurious. So what’s a guy got to do in order to make their Lumia device look “expensive?” Chrome it up, of course! This is pretty much what Nokia ambassador George Salcedo did when he managed to find a place where they would be able to “chrome plastic”, and the photo you see above are the results of his search and effort.
According to the folks at WPCentral who managed to check the handset out at MWC, the result is a chrome Nokia Lumia 900 device which weighs quite a bit. Considering that the original Lumia 900 wasn’t exactly a lightweight to begin with, the addition of chrome might strain some pockets. We’re not sure how much this cost Salcedo but we have to admit it looks pretty cool. So, who wouldn’t mind getting their Lumia device “chromed”?
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-05-08: AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7.8 Update Out Now
- 2013-01-25: AT&T's Nokia Lumia 900 To Receive WP7.8 Update 30th January
- 2012-12-03: Windows Phone 7.8 spotted on the Nokia Lumia 900
- 2012-11-05: Nokia Lumia 900 with Windows Phone 7.8 seen in China?
- 2012-08-01: Pink Nokia Lumia 900 gets its own matching nail polish