The Chromebook Pixel from Google is a thing of beauty, although whether it is relevant to the market or not is another question altogether. One thing we do know is this – someone on the Chromebook Pixel team must have been a real videogame fan, having thrown in an Easter egg that will actually activate a cool light show for those who are in the know. Basically, the Konami code, when tapped out using the Chromebook Pixel’s directional keys, will see the LED strip blink in a wild pattern of red, green, blue, yellow, purple and white lights.
Just in case you have been living under a rock for the better part of the past two decades and still have no idea on what the Konami code is, basically just tap up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right, followed by B, then A, and you’re good to go. The LED strip blinking show is depicted in the still as shown above. I wonder how many people, when they see their friend’s Chromebook Pixel, would proceed with the Konami code Easter egg first before checking out other aspects of the Chromebook afterwards.
- 2014-03-19 Konami Code Easter Egg Appears On Google’s Voice Search
- 2013-12-18 Google’s Christmas Easter Eggs Turns Mobile Device Into Karaoke Machine
- 2013-11-11 NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2013-08-09 YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- 2013-07-25 Google Play Games Comes With Easter Egg
- 2013-06-25 Google Releases Google+ Photos App For Chromebook Pixel
- 2013-05-13 Breakout Easter Egg By Google