Nintendo Wii owners were treated to a new version of Donkey Kong Country back in 2010 called Donkey Kong Country returns, which did an excellent job of bringing everything gamers loved about the original Donkey Kong Country into a current generation of console. Fans of the game who own a Nintendo 3DS will be happy to know that game is planned to be released on their favorite handheld gaming system.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D won’t be just a port of the Nintendo Wii game, instead, it’ll be a completely new adventure which Nintendo is saying is being “rebuilt from the ground up.” We’re sure that means there are going to be a number of 3D elements and dual-screen action to play through. Judging by the images published by Nintendo this morning, it looks as though we can expect to play as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong once again.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for the NIntendo 3DS is expected to be released this summer, which a 3D trailer to be released later today on the 3DS eShop.
[Update: Game trailer added]
Next Story: Scosche Lightning Connector Cables Now Available
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA