One of the most influential first-person shooters ever has to be id Software’s Doom. Since it’s release back on December 10, 1993, we’ve seen three official sequels with Doom 4 planned to be released on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 some time in the future.
Over the years, Doom has received some nice improved visuals, but the original game’s classic graphics and art style have been left somewhat untouched each time the game is “improved” to be played on modern-day consoles. Deviant Art member Elemental79 decided one of the more classic screenshots from Doom needed to be improved from its original resolution of 320 x 240 pixels to a jaw-dropping 9,600 x 7,211 pixel image.
Elemental79 not only created a stunning piece of art, but he also recorded the process of creating his Doom-inspired masterpiece for all of us to awe at. If you thought the image he created was impressive, watching the process of taking the 320 x 240 to 9,600 x 7,211 pixels is absolutely incredible.RELATED
- New Need For Speed Rivals Trailer Appear
- Amazon Has Xbox One Back In Stock
- Xbox One Experiencing Overwhelming Demand, According To Microsoft
- Windows 7 Still Most Popular OS On Steam, Windows 8.1 Catching Up
- Gaikai PS4 Streaming Service Will Work With PS3 And PS Vita Too
- Follow: art, doom,
- Seen at: gizmodo