Hmmm, first our friends living in the Great White North received the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for their Galaxy Note 2, and here we are with word that the very same update will be hitting the Korean version of the Galaxy S2, also known as SHW-M250 if model numbers are your cup of tea.
For starters, here is a little bit of history for those who are interested. The Galaxy S2 holds the record of being the best-selling Android-powered device in the year 2011, and needless to say, it has its fair share of users who have yet to make the upgrade to a newer handset (which Samsung would naturally hope they make the jump to the Galaxy S3), which is why Samsung has continued to offer updates for the Galaxy S2 with each new Android iteration so that Galaxy S2 owners will be on the receiving end of the best support experience.
It is said that you are able to update your Galaxy S2 (SHW-M250) via Samsung KIES, but do ensure that your handset has a full charge before doing so, as the entire update does seem to be rather large in size. After all, it is always better to err on the side of caution.RELATED
- Fox Announces Family Guy Mobile Game Arriving In 2014
- Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- Nokia Normandy Could Be Android-Powered Device
- Sprint Offers Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark
- Google Drive On iOS Allows File Sorting Now
- Follow: galaxy s2, Jelly Bean (Android), Samsung,
- Seen at: sammobile